Thursday, May 10, 2007

cool or crazy...


...business idea?


"FLEXPETZ provides our members with local access to a variety of dogs, all of whom are rescues". Access? To dogs? Humm...well, OK, let me see if I get this right. Flexpetz offers people who don't want a full-time pet or can't take care of a dog on a regular basis or don't know if they'd like a pet or not etc. - the chance to have a pet for a few hours or a few days. Rent-a-dog? Is this even a concept? I mean...guys, OK, I agree, it's a NEW thing and it sounds INTERESTING. It might even have its GOOD PARTS - like taking dogs off the street and trying to give them the chance of a better life. But is this really better?

We all know dogs get attached to their owners and they need constant care and affection (just like people, if I may say). So I think using them as a yo-yo for a few moments' fun is pretty wrong.

I don't want to be judgemental or something, but as a dog owner and as an animal-lover, I don't think you could screw up a dog's feelings like this. They get attached to someone for a few days and then they go back to the shelter and then who-knows-when they'll have a new "owner" and so on...Do you think it's fair? And, moreover, I know we live in a place and time where (almost) everything is accessible for a price / everything is ours if we want it. But let's face it: if you really want to buy a dog and have a pet, you go out there and buy one. You don't "try it for a few days" and you don't "take it for a test drive". That's plain stupid ('xcuse my French) anyway, because you can't test a breed to see if it fits your personality. Btw, while several character traits might be similar between dogs of the same breed, each pet is unique and develops differently.

I think it's q.e.d. for now. Am I right or what?


P.S.: sorry for the tone, but as I started thinking about it, this idea got on my nerves more and more. Dogs are cute, don't mess them up!


found about it on cherryflava.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The $100 Gig Bag Acoustic Guitar doesn't look like much. Sequencing exercises help to make scales sound more musical and interesting. CheersHi, Practicing scales can become monotonous after a while.

Also visit my blog: gig bag guitar

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home