Tuesday, October 03, 2006

sense and sensibility

"O.ver D.oughed B.unny"
Some of you might remember from a previous post that I have a thing for Luke Chueh's art. Here's another artist I'm completely obsessing about - Thomas Han is the name. Well, as you can see, their styles are different, but they connect at some point (they're also very good friends, which is quite nice).
I'm talking about the "disturbed cuteness" their works involve. This is a concept I'd like to develop and maybe talk more about in the future. But for now, I'll just say their paintings are mesmerizing and I'm totally into the cute animals versus odd situations.
I don't know if these are the kind of "ohhh, look at that cutie!" or "ooohhh, the poor thing!" - type of paintings. In fact, I think they're kind of both, so that's exactly where their appeal comes from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home