Wednesday, June 06, 2007

we love...





...all things vintage
OK, I know, I know, I'm a sucker for oldies and I totally get mushy when I discover some retro stuff. I like old signs and stores, blocks of flats, clothes, jewelry, postcards, cars, food packaging, books, pictures and so on. I just feel like they have something special, they all have a story and, if you look at them good enough, you'll see something that will inspire you. I love stories, that's my job - if you think about it :)
OK, I might be a bit crazy (I admit :P). But let me tell you a great story: my best friend once bought a book from an old bookstore and when she got home, she found a picture in it. It was the picture of a dog called "Pitica". It almost made us cry...we (kinda) took part in the life of Pitica and her owner. Just imagine how many things you can find out from a picture - Pitica was really loved and her owner was probably the sentimental type. He or she probably used Pitica's picture as a bookmark, or took along on a trip or simply put it in the book to keep it safe - and forgot it there.
Well, but that's another story :)
What I really wanted to tell you is that I found a great link with packaging stuff - from the 60's and 70's and so on. Above - some examples. For more - and I tell you, there's plenty to look at - see the imaginary world.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home